My Chronicle

Attainable goals are the ones for me. Encouraged by our dog Spot and family eaters, I purpose to cook once a week and make it new and delicious. If I cook more often, I get more weeks off later on.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Updated Deep Fried "Chips" with New Dip!


So, a couple of weeks ago, I posted a yum-deli-iscious recipe for these Rosemary flavored deep fried chips. We still love, love, love this.

Since the deep fat frier was full of bacon-y oil (and I'm not only allergic but lazy), I bought one of those cool thermometers you can use in a pot on the stove. Do I have some cool gagets or what?

Come to find out, the chips cook way faster with this $9 technique, and it looks even more gourmet! Here I was thinking I needed to replace our old and slow fryer, but maybe I don't?

Here is the dip I baked to go along with our french fried chips:

1 1/2 cups diced white onion
1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup diced Gouda cheese
1 1/8 cup Hellmans mayonaise

Mix in a casserole and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

Yum City!

No comments:

Post a Comment