My Chronicle

Attainable goals are the ones for me. Encouraged by our dog Spot and family eaters, I purpose to cook once a week and make it new and delicious. If I cook more often, I get more weeks off later on.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Drink This!

This salad dressing is so good, you will think about drinking it! I have been so full since my Fondue Marathon last week that I have not cooked much lately. Someone pop me and let in some air.

My great-aunt made this recipe about 100 years ago. Or maybe 80. If you think you like French Dressing, you will love this one.



Aunt Eda's French Salad Dressing

1 can Cream of Tomato Soup is the secret
Use can to measure 1/2 can vinegar and 1/2 can extra virgin olive oil
6 TBSP sugar
3 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp kosher salt
1 medium onion, minced

Combine the above ingredients in a large jar (I repurpose empty spaghetti sauce jars). Shake well to combine and chill. Can be made a day ahead of time and keeps 4 days. If serving the same day, make a couple of hours ahead of time. Part of the flavor is how cold it is. Serve over Iceberg lettuce along with Fondue or steak.

Spot gives this 4 paws because everything we eat along with this smells so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment