My Chronicle

Attainable goals are the ones for me. Encouraged by our dog Spot and family eaters, I purpose to cook once a week and make it new and delicious. If I cook more often, I get more weeks off later on.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cast Iron Skillet Pizza Casserole


Yesterday I was watching the TV show The Chew and got inspired by a skillet pizza that Iron Chef Michael Symon made. I followed his template, but changed most ingredients. Made it tonight. Drool!

INGREDIENTS
1 12" cast iron skillet
2 Pillsbury Thin Crust Pizza Dough tubes
1 lb. extra lean hamburger, browned
1 large white onion, diced and sautéed
1 pkg. fresh mushrooms, sautéed and sliced in thirds
1 jumbo jar of Classico Four Cheese spaghetti sauce
2+ cups shredded parmesan cheese
8-10 slices deli-packaged Gouda cheese

PREPARE
1. Brown meat, sauté veggies and set aside til ready to cook pizza (this will take 30 min.)
2. Preheat oven to 400
3. In cast iron skillet, unfurl pizza dough to cover bottom, press into sides and let drape over edges
4. Layer parmesan, spaghetti sauce, meat, onions, mushrooms, gouda and repeat. End with more parmesan sprinkled on top
5. Twist dough to form a crust
6. Bake for 30 minutes and enjoy


Here is the salad I was planning to serve with the pizza, but never got around to it. Also, due to my excitement about this recipe, I put everything together and forgot the sauce so had to dig tunnels and infuse. Not to worry, this tastes amazing! Our son was sleeping over at a buddy's house and wanted to know "what food" he would miss. And if there would be some left tomorrow.

Spot hid upstairs I'm sure because of the onions, so alas, no paw rating

No comments:

Post a Comment