My Chronicle

Attainable goals are the ones for me. Encouraged by our dog Spot and family eaters, I purpose to cook once a week and make it new and delicious. If I cook more often, I get more weeks off later on.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Molasses Crinkle Cookies



I have made a version of this ever since high school. I keep forgetting how good and easy it is. This recipe doesn't make more than a dozen, but really yummy!

INGREDIENTS:
3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temp
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
2 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
2 TBSP white sugar

STEPS:
1.  Cream butter, brown sugar and egg in mixer. Add all dry ingredients except the white sugar and mix well. Chill for 45 - 60 minutes,
2.  Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Form dough into golf-ball size and roll in the white sugar. Space 1" from each other on baking sheet. Drizzle each cookie with drops of water.
3. Bake at 375 until cookies flatten slightly, approximately 15 minutes depending upon your oven.

Spot was thrilled when we dropped some crumbs on the floor! 4 paws it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment