My Chronicle

Attainable goals are the ones for me. Encouraged by our dog Spot and family eaters, I purpose to cook once a week and make it new and delicious. If I cook more often, I get more weeks off later on.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Lazy Chicken Pizza

Tonite I was busy doing nothing, but wanted to have a tasty snack-dinner. This whole thing went so fast my hubby couldn't believe it when I told him everything was ready and warming in the oven. He loved it and I will indeed make this again. Funny thing, I was just too lazy to drive over to Papa Murphy's to get a similar pizza. A friend had told me their secret sauce was mostly Ranch and garlic, I just jazzed it up with salt and basil.

Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 40 min.


INGREDIENTS:
1 pre-cooked chicken from the deli, chopped into bites
1 small red onion, diced
1 container Ranch Dressing
5-6 cloves garlic, minced or 2 TSBP prepared, chopped garlic
1 roll Pillsbury thin pizza dough
½ cup Italian shredded cheese mix (Target)
1 cup shredded Parmesan
1 tsp Kosher salt
1 squeeze refrigerated Basil

1. Unfurl pizza dough into jelly roll pan and bake about 10 min. at 425 or til light golden.

2. In small bowl, mix onion, Ranch, garlic, salt and basil

3. When dough is done, spread bowl mixture on dough. Top with chicken and cheese, being sure to cover the whole thing

4. Bake at 400 about 13 minutes or til cheese has melted


If you exclude your teenage sons, parents can eat well and have a little lunch the next day. We are big re-eaters.

Spot gives this 3 paws because dad gave her bits of chicken as he chopped away

No comments:

Post a Comment