My Chronicle

Attainable goals are the ones for me. Encouraged by our dog Spot and family eaters, I purpose to cook once a week and make it new and delicious. If I cook more often, I get more weeks off later on.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Stuffed Garlic Bread


Saw a version of this reposted by someone on Face Book last week. Shared this recipe only to myself so I could try it without announcing my every thought on social media and thus caused five days of posts that no one else saw. :)

Turns out it was worth it. This bread is yum-licious! We served it tonight along with a new recipe for Hamburger Soup. I will do this again when it's colder and we make spaghetti or lasagna for sure...or more Hamburger Soup!

INGREDIENTS:
1 loaf of rosemary bread (from Target bakery) unsliced
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
5 TBSP minced onions (I used white and Videla - use less if you don't like the zippy taste)
8 tsp or more grated garlic cloves (we love garlic)
1 1/2 TBSP Dijon mustard
1/3 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
12+ oz freshly shredded Parmesan and mixed Italian cheese

HOW TO:
1. Mix all the ingredients except the bread and cheeses in a small bowl to form a paste.
2. Cut the bread into cubes using "X" slices without cutting all the way through. I cut diagonal lines one way, then rotated the bread and cut more the other way.
3. Paste the buttery-garlic mixture into each slice and crevice, baste the top of the loaf.
4. Do the same with the cheeses (other cheeses will also work)
5. Wrap the loaf tightly in foil and bake for 20 minutes at 350. Unwrap and cook another 10 minutes or until cheese melts.

Don't you think the parsley and garlic make this healthy?!! Spot gives this 1 paw because I only dropped a few shreds of parmesan on the floor by accident. She didn't notice me mincing the onion.  Zippy!

No comments:

Post a Comment