My Chronicle

Attainable goals are the ones for me. Encouraged by our dog Spot and family eaters, I purpose to cook once a week and make it new and delicious. If I cook more often, I get more weeks off later on.

Monday, September 9, 2013

Yummy Coffee Cake

Ah nostalgia! When our son informed me that he was craving something brown-sugary, I remembered a recipe for coffee cake that I had not made in his life time.  I wasn't even sure where to find it, but I did! Here it is. Both men in my life declare this delicious. I sure won't wait 17 years til next time.

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 beaten eggs
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups flour
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp soda

HOW
Cream sugar and butter, add eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Then add all dry ingredients and blend well. Batter will be thick. Spoon half the batter into a well-buttered and floured bundt pan. Sprinkle half the topping (below) then the remaining batter and finish with remaining topping. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.

TOPPING (mix well)
3 TBSP melted butter
2/3 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 TBSP cinnamon
1 cup chopped walnuts

Spot gives this 3 paws because we wouldn't let her lick the bowl or even have a taste. She knows it is really worth 4. But she still sits at our feet with high hopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment